Sappi Tugela Mill based in Mandini requires a Production Manager to ensure that maximum short-term and long-term plant performance improvement is achieved by managing and developing plant resources.
- Defines key performance indicators (KPI), as well as the monthly and annual objectives, in the areas of quality, cost, delivery, environment and people (QCDEP) for the Paper Mill.
- Leading a functional team that is responsible for the total Paper Mill function by coaching & mentoring and co-ordinate the activities of the team to utilise the skills and experience of each team member to achieve targets within the Department.
- Implement and drive a short-term plan (budget) and a long-term plan (up to 5 years) and executes the plans to develop the machinery, people and best practices to ensure a continuous improvement of the paper mill performance.
- Facilitates TPM process, i.e. the plant and process analysis sessions, root cause analysis, supervisor development program, as well as the profit (continuous) improvement program (PIP).
- Liaise with customer and suppliers and responds to customer feedback and takes corrective action if required, Initiates and supports the development of existing and new products when required.
- Plans the plant operations to ensure the maximum utilization of the resources (i.e.; raw materials, energy, people) and develops and tracks improvement in reduction of planned downtime hours.
Qualification & Experience:
- B.Sc (Eng), B Tech (Pulp & Paper)
- 5 years Management experience
- Management Development Programme (MDP) will serve as an advantage.
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- 8 – 10 Years’ experience in the Paper Manufacturing environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mandeni, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A