Sappi Saiccor Mill requires a Fitter to provide mechanical services by identifying repair and replacement needs, installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading mechanical systems and equipment; and ensuring tools and materials are available and maintained to ensure overall plant availability and equipment effectiveness
- Required to work standby, overtime and cover breakdowns as required.
- Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Participate in failure analysis.
- Fit, assemble, grind and shape metal parts and sub-assemblies to maintain production machines and other equipment. Install, test, connect, commission and modify mechanical equipment.
- Complete fault finding on systems during breakdowns and repair the problem to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed checklist.
- Scope and plan work orders as required.
- Perform plant maintenance and remedial work according to SAP notifications, work orders and planned schedules, including during shuts.
- Draw spares from Stores using the picking list in SAP.
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 and N2 Engineering whilst and N3 Engineering would be preferred
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience in a heavy engineering environment will be considered advantageous
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Mechanical Fitter
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umkomaas, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A