Sappi Saiccor Mill requires a Civil Technicianto coordinate civil maintenance and new projects per the Mill requirements. This role reports to the Civil Engineer
- Plan yearly civil shutdown work, maintenance work, work orders, and breakdowns within the section of responsibility as per mill standards and procedures.
- Inspect factory buildings, roads, effluent, and drainage as per maintenance schedules.
- Effectively scope, plan and execute remedial action required.
- Quality control of civil services rendered.
- Manage construction work to be undertaken inside or outside the Mill.
- Ensure safe erection, installation, and commissioning of civil works.
- Compile and manage specifications for projects and maintenance work which will form part of tender documents.
- Control expenditure and cost reporting.
- Assist Engineer in the forecasting of estimates.
- Compile budget estimates for minor projects.
- Maintain and understand the SHEQ requirements within the area of responsibility to ensure compliance with statutory legislation and codes of practice.
- Ensure all environmental procedures/best practices are adhered to during project and maintenance work execution.
Qualification & Experience:
- NQF level 6 qualification (National Diploma in Civil Engineering or a related equivalent )
- 2 years of relevant experience in Heavy Industry
- Project Management experience within a manufacturing or construction environment would be preferred
- Computer literacy with SAP working knowledge would be advantageous
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umkomaas, KwaZulu-Natal ,SA
Application Deadline: N/A