About the job
Key Performance Outputs
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Senior Manager Fixed Assets & Taxation, and will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Prepares all direct taxes returns, related tax packs and payments for review, and ensure these are submitted timeously.
- Provide direct tax technical advisory input as and when required or necessary.
- Support the implementation of tax planning for the Group, including tax efficiency and tax financial analysis for major transactions.
- Provide input into quarterly tax reports for the Group to enable timeous decision making, analysis and governance oversight.
- Prepare annual tax computations (normal and deferred tax) for the Group financial statements for year-end external audit purposes.
- Develop and implement adequate controls to address all direct tax risks and to avoid reoccurrence of audit findings.
- Provide input into annual tax training on relevant tax updates, identified risks, policies and procedures.
- Draft, implement and ensure compliance to relevant statutory / legislative regulations, SOP’s, operational standards, internal financial and accounting policies, practices and procedures.
- Manage internal, external and SARS audits in order to ensure audit objectives are and audit findings are addressed effectively.
Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience or the equivalent of such, will be required:
- 3 years BCom (NQF Level 7 – 360 credits) Accounting is essential.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Taxation essential.
- Registration with the CA (SA).
- Membership with the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners.
- 5 years operational experience in Taxation essential.
- 1-year management experience advantageous.
Closing Date: 17 March 2023