Sanlam Life and Savings (SLS) is focused on serving our retail and corporate clients in South Africa and further developing our strategic advantages in the South African market. Sanlam Life and Savings consists of three clusters – Sanlam Corporate, Sanlam Retail Mass and Sanlam Retail Affluent. The Sanlam Life and Savings Office provides strategic direction, coordination and support to the three clusters, as well as performing governance oversight that includes assurance provided by second line of defense functions in SLS, to enable us to meet our business objectives.
- Provide input and assistance to Prosecuting and Regulatory authorities.
- Formulating charges for the Human Resource Department to be included in charge sheet for disciplinary hearing.
- Perform investigations through proper planning, fact-finding by the gathering of information and evidence, as well as the analysis and the identification/linking thereof to transgressions.
- Compile reports and affidavits concerning irregularities, regulatory transgressions, including criminal conduct and make recommendations for further actions.
- Identification of patterns or tendencies and then make recommendations with reference to implementation of preventative measures and areas of risk.
- Testify at internal, regulatory and criminal proceedings.
- Investigation of the full spectrum of incidents in respect of all the businesses serviced by SLS Forensic Services.
- Specific knowledge of the environment in which a long-term insurer operates, as well as knowledge of financial institutions in general.
- Stakeholder engagement
- Thorough knowledge of investigative methodology and techniques.
- Sound knowledge of legislation, regulations and legal principles applicable to the financial industry (FAIS, LTIA, FICA, PRECCA, POPIA, Criminal and Civil Procedure Act etc.).
- Investigation experience in the area of long-term insurance claim investigations.
- Knowledge and application of digital technology and Open-Source Intelligence Tools (OSINT)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A