About the job
Application Administrator (Senior) – Life systems Architecture
About Discovery Life
Discovery Life is an ever growing fast-paced and dynamic environment that provides innovative risk assurance to individual clients. This environment thrives on customer engagement and customer experience as well as mutually beneficial relationships with our brokers and other stakeholders. It is important for our employees to provide a world class service to our internal and external clients, thereby ensuring long and sustainable relationships
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and supporting various middleware technologies and ensuring their performance, availability and security as a member of the Life Infrastructure Application team.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Day to day maintenance of the Middleware environments
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance
- To proactively monitor the systems to ensure minimum downtime
- Responsible for the improvement and maintenance of the solutions, including upgrades and security patches.
- Responsible for implementation and release of middleware solutions on-premise and in AWS / OCI / Azure.
- Providing technical middleware and performance advice to development teams
- Middleware capacity management
- General middleware troubleshooting
- Implementation and enforcement of Discovery standards and procedures
- Life Infrastructure standby and shift duties
Education and Experience
- BSc Comp Sc/ BSc Info Systems or equivalent tertiary qualification
- The applicant MUST have 5 years experience managing complex solution stacks without direct supervision
- Certification in a middleware j2ee offering. (JBOSS, Weblogic, Websphere)
- Dynatrace APM Experience
- AWS SysOps , DevOps or Associate Architect Certification
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in managing
- Experience in configuration and release automation
- Experience in managing complex middleware solutions on native servers and containerized platforms such as Openshift, EKS, Fargate, VMWare Tanzu.
- Experience in monitoring and tuning middleware solutions
- Experience configuring and using automation tooling for the provisioning and management of the entire development and runtime environment.
- (Jenkins, Chef/Puppet/Salt etc, ansible/terraform/cloud formation).
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- AWS Cloud deployments using S3, EC2, ALB, CloudWatch, EKS , Fargate .
- Ability to work both independently and participate as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail
- Solution oriented
- Delivery focused
- Ability to deal with pressure
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.