About the job
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
About Risk Intelligence
The Risk Intelligence Unit of Discovery Health has an exciting opportunity available for a high calibre individual interested in a management role in our risk reporting team. The successful candidate must be motivated, productive, and work well within a team.
Through the combined use of tools from the Business Intelligence (BI) and Risk Intelligence teams, the Reporting Specialist manages a team and plays an important role in shortening the product development lifecycle. Work is packaged into reports that allow quick decisions to be made using intelligent analytics . The reporting team uses and invents cutting-edge reporting techniques in collaboration with an actuarial team.
Areas Of Responsibility May Include But Not Limited To
- Automation and generation of all core functions reports, making sure that reports are released timeously and conform to pre agreed standards set out by Business Intelligence, Risk Intelligence, Clinical Risk Management, and other stakeholders
- Acting as an interlinkage between Business Intelligence and Risk intelligence.
- Work with Actuarial and Data Science teams to set up data requirements
- Interact with business leads and other stakeholders to get a proper understanding of the problem statements.
- Ensuring that any enhancements and latest tools are incorporated in respective reports
- Translate business needs into data insights that will support/answer this need
- Conduct data analysis and data visualisation that will answer the business needs
- Interact with software developers, Business Analysts, Actuaries, and end users to communicate BI designs and solutions.
- Support the creation, enhancement and implementation of newer BI standards and processes.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be able to present solutions and data storylines.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to navigate ambiguity and complexity around business products and benefits and how they tie into data.
- A restless curiosity in learning new technology
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment and balance multiple priorities
Education and Experience
- Not less than 5 years’ work experience within a BI/Actuarial/Analytics field
- Must have at least a Bachelors’ degree in Statistics/Mathematics and Computer Science
- Experience producing valuable insights to support non-analytical stakeholders
- Experience in gathering requirements for reporting solutions and data analytics.
- Experience working with front-end visualisation and reporting tools (Power BI, SSRS, Excel)
- Strong SQL skills (across database environments)
- SAP system (advantageous)
- Analytical work experience in the financial or health services industry would be great
- Business Intelligence certifications would also be advantageous
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.