About the job
Purpose & Key Accountabilities
The primary purpose of this function is to effectively manage and steer Contractor Steering and HR Services delivery including payroll management by providing an accurate, efficient, and effective service and HR Front Desk Service to all BMW sites in South Africa, ensuring process efficiency and outstanding employee experience including but not limited to the following:
- Manage third-party service providers, steer, and coordinate all HR Services related aspects ensuring optimum performance, efficiency and effectiveness of the department is achieved.
- Establish, manage and negotiate service level agreements with HR Management, service providers and business.
- Ensure the successful execution of the monthly payroll, system maintenance, updates and enhancements as well as any benefits and employee data management topics.
- Ensures the accurate uploading of gross payroll data in terms of working times models, transaction data, overtime, shift premiums, WTA, absence etc.
- Ensures the accuracy of net payroll data – i.e., the correct and accurate administration of deductions and allowances to ensure that all payroll data are accurate as dictated by BMW Group guidelines and policies as well as relevant employment legislation.
- Ensures that payroll administration complies with all statutory, legal and third-party requirements.
- Ensure streamlined processes and procedures enabling efficient and accurate payroll administration including identifying automation opportunities.
- Manage and administer all fund administration including the monitoring and management of all fund accounting operations on daily basis.
- Ensures accurate analysis of fund requirements and manages funds appropriately.
- Supports HR Management with efficient administration processes.
- Supports the personnel administration (including payroll accounting, recruiting).
- Represent HR Services interests in country and regional specific circles.
- Ensure the successful integration, testing and introduction of system enhancements of SAP group updates.
- Ensure performance of HR Services in accordance with central / regional requirements (manage agreement of SLA’s and KPI’s with Service provider).
- Oversee the submission of the Income differential report to the Department of Labour (Employment Equity), and to address any queries from DOL.
- Accountable to implement corrective measures resulting from audit findings.
- Direct Bi-annual submission and reconciliation to SARS – IRP5 process.
- Assist and provide guidance in all tax issues or statutory issues that occur.
- Accountable for the effective management of all Funds Management via the Funds Principal Officer including Employee Benefit Trust.
- Lead and manage the Contractor Steering team and Temporary Employment services provider.
- Ensure all contractor steering recruitment is concluded timeously with quality candidates.
- Ensure legislative compliance with third party contractors, identify risks, and development appropriate mitigation plans.
- Ensure overall compliance to ICS (Internal Controls Systems).
Education and competencies
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Finance/Human Resources/Business Management or an equivalent qualification from an accredited educational institution.
- A Post graduate qualification will an added advantage.
- A minimum of 7+ years’ management experience leading and steering a Payroll and Shared Services Department.
- Analytical and Data skills.
- Payroll Processing and Payroll accounting experience.
- Project management skills.
- Budget management.
- Team and individual development, management and leadership.
- Awareness of health, safety and environmental issues relevant to the area of responsibility.
- Experience of working both cross-function and/or internationally.
- Fund Benefit Management knowledge, i.e. Medial Aid, Retirement Funds.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Considerable business-related experience required.
- Knowledge and understanding of Labour law.
- Advanced level of MS Office and IT systems such as SAP/ ELIDA/AMS.