Website South African Breweries
The Data Scientist is someone who will drive business results with their data-based insights. The person will organise and analyse large portions of data through data science techniques, in order to provide stakeholders with findings that they can use to make informed business decisions. Part mathematician, part computer scientist and part trend spotter, they bridge the gap between business and the world of Data
- Connecting with AB InBev global data teams, sharing and collecting knowledge. Bringing this knowledge into the Africa Zone data team.
- Extract, explore, model and interpret data for business purposes.
- Provide big data insights and analytics to enable digital optimisation techniques, which will ultimately improve return on investment for marketing.
- Help support and drive the future state data vision and efficiencies in digital execution.
- Continually improve our digital data strategy to support our business KPIs and to facilitate a deeper understanding of digital asset performance.
- Working with the internal Insights Team in researching and understanding consumers & salience triggers.
- Work with the data engineers, analysts and insights team to provide high quality analytics, business-focused visualisations and automated reporting.
- Design, experiment with and roll out precision targeting methods backed by data science/machine learning.
- Support CRM / audience strategy to grow the volume of customers that can be identified and profiled within digital channels and assist to share this data across channels for omni-channel success.
- Create a benchmarks methodology and framework for reporting.
- Comfortable working in a team and on individual tasks
- Challenge status quo
- Good communicator
- Eager to learn & upskill others
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinker
Qualification & Experience:
- Very good theoretical and practical knowledge of data science techniques, such as machine learning, statistical modelling, hypothesis testing and artificial intelligence and in-depth experience in relevant tools/languages such as Python / R
- Advanced SQL query skills
- Matric & University degree in statistics, applied mathematics, information technology, operations research or a comparable discipline.
- Experience using Reporting Tools like Power BI / Datorama / Data Studio / Looker / Tableau
- Experience of having worked on virtual machines on the cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP etc.)
Company: South African Breweries
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bryanston, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A