Website RCL Foods
Purpose of the Role To promptly verify suppliers invoices and claims. To prepare reconciliations and facilitate and consolidate payments to suppliers every month. To investigate claims, discrepancies and ensure credits are passed
- Resolution of supplier stock and invoice discrepancies
- Process supplier correction journals.
- Communicate all discrepancies within 14 days to the supplier.
- Forward remittances and recons to suppliers on a monthly basis.
- Obtain supplier statements and perform reconciliations for payments to suppliers (40-50 recons per month). Follow up on outstanding reconciliation items with the supplier ensuring no items are greater than 60 days.
- Manage colleagues and clients’ expectations and communicate appropriately.
- Check that payment runs agree to the total on the payment list.
- Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not met, the potential risks thereof and provide appropriate resolution. – Support and drive the business core values.
- Ensure that all payments are made within the correct payment terms.
- As required, raise claims against the supplier for the pricing/stock discrepancies.
- Accuracy and timeliness of prepared schedules
- Investigate verification differences with both pricing and stock discrepancies by further follow-up and appropriate communication with the supplier or the relevant depot.
- Champion training and development of self and others through utilising available training opportunities or contributing to the development of new training solutions relating to product costing in collaboration with national training specialists.
- Able to prioritise
- Tolerance of stress and pressure – Attention to detail
- Numeracy Attributes
- Deadline driven
- Able to plan ahead and manage time
- Self motivated
Qualification & Experience:
- Logical thinking – Analytical thinking
- Verbal and Written communication
- SAP system – Financial Accounting principals and practice Skills
- Minimum 1 year experience in an Accounting or Administrative field preferably using SAP R/3 module Knowledge.
- Matric with Accounting – Studying towards an Accounting based tertiary qualification would be preferable .
- Computer literacy (MS Office skills – Word, Excel and Outlook)
Company: RCL Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Westville, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A