Website RCL Foods
The purpose of the role is to prepare the short-term supply plans across the hubs and depots in order to maximize customer service while optimizing storage and transport capacity. This will include working closely with the principals’ supply planners and Operations management to proactively ensure that there are no interruptions in supply
- Assist with the development of the warehouse space requirements plan for the next 12 months on a rolling weekly basis and manage the accuracy thereof.
- Update the demand planning grids with the appropriate supply information (e.g., stock holding, inbound delivery, transport routing) in line with the demand planning timeline.
- Compile a forward warehouse requirement plan monthly, on a rolling 12 monthly basis.
- Assist with the development of the national supply plan across all hubs and depots by using the inbound principals’ supply plans to balance against the network (warehousing and transport) capacity and demand plan requirements for the next 18-24 months.
- Develop alternate scenarios to address exceptions by closing the gap between supply and demand (e.g., increase capacity through overtime, building stock in advance, pricing changes to manage demand, and inputting into the supply and demand meeting).
- Identify exceptions where supply does not satisfy demand or where supply exceeds demand.
- Understand and use the latest planning standards (agreed volumes, warehouse space constraints and transportation routes) and tools (ADEXA) to generate the rough-cut supply plan.
- Work closely with the principals’ planning teams to ensure that the anticipated production is sufficient to meet the demand in the longer term.
- During peak periods, a weekly view may be required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience using SAP, ADEXA and MS Office is essential.
- Relevant Degree or Supply Chain Diploma (e.g., SAPICS).
- 2 – 3 years operational experience within any planning function.
Company: RCL Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Westville, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A