Website RCL Foods
RCL FOODS is searching for an Artisan Fitter to join our Foods Division team based in Randfontein, Gauteng. The successful incumbent will report to the Senior Fitter. The primary objective of this position is to maintain all machines to obtain their optimum efficiencies, ensure that all planned maintenance work is done according to the schedules and that all records are kept up to date. Will, when deemed necessary, assist with new projects and work overtime when required
- Repair old parts and assist with the manufacturing of machine parts on new projects.
- Liaise with supervisor and keep him informed of the progress and/or any problems which may occur during the machine overhaul.
- Responsible for ensuring that preventative planned maintenance is performed in a cost-effective way to ensure minimum downtime and product losses
- Maintain optimum settings, will report any problems related to the non-performance of machines/equipment and/or labor or both to his supervisor.
- Construction of new mechanical equipment in plants.
- Maintenance of mechanical equipment – production lines, high-speed packaging lines, dust, and explosion-proof equipment
- Handle breakdowns in an effective manner
- Attend to and maintain plant production equipment
- Accurate completion of DMS and administrative forms
Qualification & Experience:
- Valid Code 8 drivers license
- 5 years minimum experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of the implementation and the successful running of a machine maintenance schedule
- 5 years of maintenance and setting experience on high-speed packaging
- Trade tested Fitter / Fitter and Turner
Company: RCL Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Randfontein, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A