Website RCL Foods
The Chicken Business is currently seeking a Laying Farm Manager, to join our Malmesbury Team. The role will report directly to the Breeding Production Manager who is looking for a dedicated individual with strong management skills. The purpose of the role is to manage the operations and resources of three Farms thereby ensuring the optimal number of the right quality birds at the right time and at the lowest cost.
- Manage the Labour broker process in terms of legislation and company policies
- Assume total accountability for the farm cleanout including muckout, washing, fumigation, maintenance and house preparation for the next batch of birds
- Chair or initiate disciplinary hearings as needed according to RPM standards.
- Implement training and development plans for the team as agreed with the Production Manager.
- Manage the employee relations climate and ensure corrective action is taken where required in line with relevant legislation and company policy.
- Provide input into annual capex requirements and implement approved capex programs.
- Ensure the correct number of birds are caught for processing as per the plan from the Agricultural Planner.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals with subordinates and ensure that the process is cascaded throughout the farm team.
- Manage company housing and residential areas within area of responsibility according to company procedures and policies.
- Manage contractors that provide services to ensure that compliance to the service level agreements
- Analyse water, feed, gas, coal and electricity consumption data to drive optimise production KPI’s and costs
- Manage consumable and emergency stock to ensure prudent financial control
Qualification & Experience:
- Poultry production inclusive of the breeder and/ or broiler management Agricultural and farm operations and processes ISO and health, safety, and environmental legislation Budget planning and cost management Verbal and written communication Excellent interpersonal skills Computer literate
- Valid Code EB drivers’ license
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar environment,
- A degree or diploma in Agriculture (3 years)
- 2 to 3 of which should be in a supervisory capacity.
- Minimum of Grade 12
Company: RCL Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Malmesbury, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A