Website RCL Foods
RCL FOODS is seeking a QA Technologist to join our Chicken Division. The role will be based in Wolwekoek and report to the Senior QA Technologist. The Chicken Division is looking for an incumbent to support the achievement of agreed Quality and Food Safety goals and objectives and enforce compliance to company policies and procedures. The purpose of the role will be to monitor and measure products and process to ensure adequate Quality Control and Customer Satisfaction as well as to ensure that the plant maintains GMP/GHP standards to make sure that the Quality of the products is within Customer and Company specification.
- Staff management and development
- The operational management of quality control and quality assurance, ISO 22 000 and HACCP
- Participating in Product KPI audits as and when required at the Plant and at Customer premises
- Assisting during Plant trials
- Assistance with any other projects approved by Management.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards in the QC monitoring stations / Lab
- Reporting on compliance with company and regulatory standards, both Plant and Plant Based Cold Storage.
- Liaising with plant management and Plant Base Cold Storage Management on any non-conforming issues.
- Participation in internal audits, external audits and customer visits as and when required.
- Ensuring adherence to contractual, regulatory and internal specifications and requirements.
- Ensuring adherence to Rainbow’s Total Integrated Management System
- Monitoring and investigating product complaints and returns.
- Conducting Internal Audits – Both Plant and Plant Based Cold Storage.
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- It would be preferable for candidates to have a Poultry Meat Examiners/Inspectors Certificate.
- Minimum of 1 Year Food Processing (FMCG) Experience
- Verbal and Written communication
- Knowledge of HACCP (Food Safety) and ISO Quality Systems
- It would be an advantage for candidates to have previous QC experience in a Poultry environment
- It would be preferable for candidates to have 3 – 5 yrs supervisory working experience as a QA officer/Technologist
- Appropriate tertiary qualification, e.g. Food Tech Diploma, Bio Tech Diploma, Environmental Health, etc.
Company: RCL Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wolwehoek, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A