Website Rand Water
To ensure that allocated plants/facilities are kept in a presentable, safe and reliable standard as required by Rand Water with regards to the general preparation and painting of plant, buildings, residential property, recreational facilities, road markings, fences, poles, wood varnishing and polishing
- Perform all daily, weekly, monthly and annual scheduled painting
- Plan daily task to ensure that all material, tools, assistants, transport and equipment’s are available including delegation of duties
- To return plant into operation as quickly as possible
- Maintain work standards and ensuring legal and safety compliance.
- Acting on behalf of Assistant Foreman when required.
- Complete all schedules, work instructions, defects and job cards.
- Liaise with other departments and take out permits where necessary
- Install and replace window panes
- Carry out other tasks as delegated by the supervisor from time to time.
- Job cards to be completed and return as soon as the work has been completed
- Preparation of surfaces to be painted or glazed.
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of OHS Act and its (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001)
- Knowledge of different paint techniques
- Administrative skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Safety procedures
- Good communication skills (Verbal and written)
- Planning and organising skills
- Quality of painting and mixing
Qualification & Experience:
Grade 12 or equivalent combined with a recognized trade test in painter • 5 years’ post trade experience in painting field • Code B driver’s license and ability to pass Rand water K53 test
Company: Rand Water
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vereeniging, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A