Website Rand Water
The successful incumbent will be responsible for filling selected slaker bunkers by running of associated conveyors and change over points to ensure safe operating level as well as the off-loading of Lime Trucks. The incumbent will further assist to clean walkways, conveyors and plant areas on a daily basis. Monitor/operate sump pumps to prevent flooding of the Lime plant. Loading and off-loading of trucks and bins and to assist with the shunting of railway trucks.
- Loading of trucks and assisting Driver to safely load and off load crushing Lime.
- Selection of conveyors to fill bunkers as requested by checking condition of conveyors and dust extraction units. Start sequence of conveyor and dust extraction unit
- Check for overloading of conveyor and report to operator. Cleaning of spillages from the conveyor.
- Selecting of Slaker Bunkers and ensure all conditions are correct by measuring bunkers daily. Visually check limit switches, filling of bungers and off-loading of trucks
- Ensure that the Lime Plant is kept clean and all spillages to be cleaned immediately. Conduct general housekeeping duties in and around the Lime plant.
- Monitoring and operating of sump pumps by stopping/starting pumps manually to prevent flooding of lime plant.
- Good communication skills (verbal)
- Basic understanding of the water treatment process
- Safety procedures
- Good housekeeping skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Basic understanding of the water treatment process.
- Grade 12
- Safety training
Company: Rand Water
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vereeniging, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A