PPD, now Thermo Fisher’s clinical research business, is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services.
- Provides medical care to patients, always ensuring patient safety comes first.
- Records all patient information and results from tests as per protocol on required forms.
- Ensures that IRB approval is obtained prior to study initiation and IRB requirements are met throughout the study.
- Where required, may complete IP accountability logs and associated information.
- Reports suspected non-compliance to relevant site staff.
- Promotes the company and builds a positive relationship with patients to ensure retention.
- Attends site initiation meetings and all other relevant meetings to receive training on protocol.
- Logs/completes information on sponsor systems and ensures all information provided is accurate (i.e., case report forms, EDC, etc.) and ensures it is completed within timeframe.
- Conducts clinical studies according to FDA/GCP and ICH regulations and guidelines.
- May be required to call patients, do patient bookings and follow-up calls to confirm bookings or provide information or results.
- Performs all defined study activities (i.e, informed consent, screening, and protocol procedures which include but not limited to vital signs, pregnancy tests, height, weight, ECG’s, etc.).
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with peers
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with minimum supervision
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Registered or listed with the Nursing/ Nurse Midwifery and /or South African Nursing Council (SANC) to practise
- Working knowledge of Business English. – written and spoken language
- Clinical skills competency and laboratory processing competency
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work to timelines and follow procedure instructions
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Somerset West, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A