Website Legal Aid
- Monitor case flow management of Professional Assistants, Candidate Attorneys and Judicare practitioners at the courts.
- Train and develop staff.
- Preparation and maintenance of the annual budgets for the Local Office.
- Support and advise clients in line with common law principles and practice and accurate interpretation of contracts.
- Manage the allocation of cases to private practitioners (Judicare).
- Efficient and effective sound management of Local Office operations
- Manage legal aid to the poor in the area of jurisdiction.
- Supervise and guide Professional Assistants and Paralegals.
- Admitted attorney or advocate, the latter must have completed pupilage successfully at an institution recognised by Legal Aid SA.
- LLB or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate an ability to manage a varied practice.
- Demonstrate an ability to train Candidate Attorneys as Professional Assistants.
- At least twelve years’ post-qualification legal experience, with a minimum of ten years’ post-admission experience of which four years should be court experience.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
Company: Legal Aid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A