The purpose of the Cost Analytics role is to support the Head of Finance Operations in analysing the operating and management expenses of the business through data analysis, building insightful cost dashboards, engaging business and contributing extensively to budget processes, amongst others. Part of the role will also include suggesting and partnering with business to improve cost control and related processes, where relevant. Finance Operations forms part of the wider Finance function. Finance Operations includes the non-Claims Creditors function, fixed assets and non-claims procurement, amongst others.
- Budgeting – contribute to maintaining and improving the existing budget processes for management expenses. Analyse the submitted budgets for areas of interest and challenge;
- Cost allocations – understand in detail and maintain the cost allocation process whereby overhead expenses are allocated to various business departments;
- Process improvements – recommend and direct changes in operating procedures in so far as it touches particular areas of management expenditure, to improve efficiencies and achieve greater cost control;
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required by changing department needs;
- Support business with any cost-benefit models and projections that might be required;
- Reporting – contribute and eventually take ownership of the detailed workings supporting the monthly cost reporting;
- Dashboards – design, develop and maintain cost dashboards that provide insight to various parts of the business on cost trends, relationships, growth etc. using primarily Power BI;
- Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint skills in order to periodically, present particular views in a professional manner to the wider management team;
- Understanding of cost structures, cost types (fixed, variable etc.) and their impact on financial performance.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and interrogate large and complex data sets;
- Ability to interpret financial results and identify areas for further investigation or improvement;
- Data and coding capabilities including SQL, SharePoint development and Power BI;
- Strong stakeholder management skills (i.e. knowing who to engage when, when to escalate, how to follow up and how to solicit the help or support from other members of the business);
- Excellent communication skills in spoken or written format;
- Team player demonstrating the spirit of collaboration;
- The ability to work to and meet tight deadlines;
Qualification & Experience:
- Qualified CIMA or management accounting qualification;
- Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or relevant field.
- Data science or other qualification or course to support coding and data skills required.
- Experience as a cost or data analyst (or role with similar responsibilities) in Finance or Supply Chain.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A