Website Omnia Holdings
This Operations Foreman will be based at Dryden/Delmas – Mpumalanga. Successful candidates must have Blasting Ticket, Advanced Blasting Course as an added advantage, Competent A & B, Code 10 Drivers License, MS Office, No Criminal Record, Medically fit. • 3 years’ mining experience as a supervisor or Equivalent (preferably Underground), • 3 years’ demonstrated knowledge of performing mechanical, hydraulic and electrical maintenance
- Ensures that all administration, documents, and storage of information are kept according to BME, ISO, and legal standards
- Ensures that required staff training is up to date
- Plans and organises the availability of resources to meet customer’s requests
- Identifies cost-saving initiatives while balancing customer requirements
- Provides inputs to the site manager for annual budgeting process in line with the objectives of the department
- Ensures that the assets of the company are protected from theft and damage
- Organises, schedules, and coordinates explosive trucks to facilitate the smooth, timeous flow of deliveries.
- Ensures that the necessary incident investigations take place
- Drives daily/ weekly/ monthly/ internal SHERQ requirements
- Works closely with internal and external customers to assess needs and plan operations accordingly
- Provides input with client blasting queries
- Ensure overall compliance with OHSA and MHSA
- Ensures induction for new staff members
- Ability to interpret and analyze technical data.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines and schedules.
- Able to respond positively to changing requirements and pressures.
- Ability to grasp application and functioning of new technology.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and quality
- Ability to reference and interpret technical operating manuals, specifications drawings and diagrams.
- Working knowledge of production and quality control principles.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years’ demonstrated experience in responsibility for managing costs
- 5 years’ demonstrated experience as an Truck Operator or Blaster (including surface mining, blasting, blast reports, seismograph reports)
- Blasting Assistant Certificate MQA
- AXXIS™ blasting
- Competent A Certificate – MQA
- 3 years’ demonstrated experience in responsibility for managing SHERQ
- Advantageous Requirements
- 3 years’ demonstrated experience in supervising employees
- Rock Breaking/Blasting Ticket (mandatory)
- Grade 12 with Mathematics
Company: Omnia Holdings
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Delmas, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A