Website Omnia Holdings
We are recruiting for a Truck Operator to load holes with explosive products utilising a mixer-placer truck, according to BME standards. Responsible for truck inspection and maintenance. A successful candidate must have a Matric with Maths and Code 14 Drivers License with Dangerous Goods Permit. Clean Criminal Record and must be recommended on Vienna Test System (Advanced Driving).
- Sign the checklist and ensures that it is also signed by the Foreman and the mechanic.
- Calibrate the instrumentation on the truck plant to ensure that all metrics remain correct or after major repairs were done on the vehicle,
- Conduct the prescribed pre-use inspections and completion of the checklist prior to use of the truck.
- Do calculations to determine the correct mass of product to be loaded in each hole and reports any discrepancies to with the Foreman.
- Make necessary corrections or repairs in the event of detecting any problems in the blue category, on site if possible, otherwise to repor detected.
- Carry out an inspection of all the holes and measures and records them to ensure that they are drilled to the correct depth.
- Engage the pumping process and loading the holes according to the design specs while ensuring all prescribed SHERQ requirements are
- Ensure that immediate corrections or repairs have to be brought about before driving off when any problems in the red category are
- Report any out of spec holes to blaster.
- Truck inspection, repairs and maintenance
- Take a sample of the product and then analyses it to assess the product density prior to commencing the charging process.
- Interpersonal skills
- Trouble shooting (Fault finding)
- Mechanical ability (advantageous)
- Safety Conscious
- Communication skills (verbal)
- Truck driving skills under all road conditions
- Driving heavy duty vehicles
- Quality Conscious
- Attention to detail
- Team Working
- Numerical skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Code 14 – In possession of a Professional Driving Permit (PDP) – Dangerous Goods and Passengers permit (DGP)
- Dover Test
- Grade 12 with Maths
- 3 years Truck Driving experience (preferably in mining a environment) in driving heavy duty vehicles (EC1)
Company: Omnia Holdings
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tshipi, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A