Website Old Mutual
We are looking for a driven and creative Learning Experience Designer with possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality to develop innovative, pedagogically strong learning solutions that meet our business and people’s needs. You will own the overall creative vision for a range of digital learning projects. Graphics must capture the attention of viewers and convey a clear message.
- Provide input into internal processes and digital methodology to aid continuous improvement
- Strong eye for typography, colour, composition, balance and hierarchy.
- Accountable for delivering visual design concepts and solutions to meet the needs of the business and its intended audience, in varying degrees of fidelity and detail.
- Maintain project documentation, course folders and workflow using relevant internal tools
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Collaborate with business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify a business problem and obtain course content.
- Developing solutions for various content types, including but not limited to podcasts, interactive videos, microlearning, reinforcement learning, animations, infographics, rich media articles, guides, and gamification.
- Creating detailed design documentation, including storyboards and scripts.
- Perform internal quality assurance and support peer review
- Setting the standard for instructional writing to ensure that is creative, concise and persuasive.
- Highly conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design.
- Contribute to or lead design | brainstorming | idea generation sessions to craft appropriate learning solutions
- Coach and | or mentor within your domain when required
- Identify and apply current trends and best practices for the web and mobile world and understanding of technology used in designing interactively.
- Outlining and developing interactive scenarios and case studies.
- Demonstrable graphic and UX design skills with a strong portfolio and a case study provided by recruiter.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Up to date with industry-leading software and technologies (Adobe Creative Suite / InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to ad hoc requests, and scope changes and remain productive in response to a fluctuating and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent attention to detail
- A willingness to learn and a focus on continuous improvement
- Able to create high quality digital or blended learning course frameworks and storyboards
- Able to work in a highly pressurised and deadline-driven environment
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience within e-learning, media, training or an L&D related role.
- Experience working in a virtual environment with national audiences and learners.
- Good work ethic and time management skills.
- A qualification in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, UX, ETDP, Technology, Learning Design QA or a related field
- A passion for process and standards with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong lateral thinking skills and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in working with remote teams.
- A passion for storytelling
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A