Website Old Mutual South Africa
About the job
To develop, plan and implement the long term insurance claims strategy and operating model. To determine the value chain and ensure alignment to the underwriting strategy. To design and drive the insurance claims capability that contributes to productivity and the management of claim spend. Mange internal and external vendors.
Your responsibilities will include:
Direct responsibility and oversight of the Claims teams, accountable for all Claims KPIs and metrics.
- Working closely with the EHOD and Customer Service team to achieve business goals. Ensure customer proposition fulfilment and regulatory requirements are met. Foster and maintain a reputation of Claims excellence. Statutory reporting to insurers, including market conduct indicators. Develop, position, and deliver superior claims services and capabilities. Contract administration and management. Management of outsourced service providers. Training and development of team members. Act as the point of contact with the client during the claim issue escalation and resolution process
- Handling queries from clients and colleagues and resolving problems. Engage with Insurers, Compliance function, service providers and Finance on relevant projects, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Utilize claims intelligence and data analytics; develop relevant insights for mitigation of fraud and benefit abuse. Ensure the appropriateness of claims payments. Work with Compliance and Risk to identify trends in the legal, regulatory and claims environment
- Provide strategic support and value by managing the cost of claims through improved claims handling processes, data usage and technology solutions. Represent the claims capability of the organization to regulators, insurers and business partners. Develop tools and strategies, in collaboration with HR, to attract and retain top talent and develop high performing team. Driving a culture that promotes collaboration, diversity and inclusion. Strong knowledge of insurance claims management and process, with a focus on life risk business
- Proven experience in building and leading high performing claims team. Monitoring and managing loss ratio performance through developing and implementing leakage control initiatives. Drives own and team development for current position and career plan
Ensure claims assessment/opinions service offering and support is provided to clients
Claims audits with pro-active outcomes
Claims management training tailored specifically to clients’ training needs
Ensure efficient running systems to support internal claims assessment and monitoring both
Internal and external consulting
Revision of policy terms and conditions for effective claims risk management
Contributing to product development and innovation that engenders pro-active claims risk management
Active participation in tenders, new business acquisition and client-retention strategies 2
- Working in partnership with clients to provide solutions for and add value to their internal claims risk management practices Promoting the company and its claims services including but not limited to participating in client/industry seminars, and training
Claims experience analysis for improved claims risk management
Monitoring claims referred to Munich Re for assessment.
Informal research/trends and claims experience analysis and disseminate information to clients
Leadership and Performance Management
Lives the company’s values & serves as a role model for the claims management team
Creating an enabling work environment that fosters effective teamwork, tolerance, high performance and clarity of purpose
Drives and maintains a high-performance culture
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
Qualifications And Experience
Relevant BCom degree
5 to 8 years experience in a similar environment, of which 3 to 4 years ideally at a management level
Experience in long-term insurance claims
Experience managing end to end function of claims for long term insurance
Deep experience in managing outsourced service providers and regulator
RE 1 exam complete – Key Individuals
Report writing skills
Good negotiation skills
Closing date for Applications: 14 March 2023
The base location for this role is Midrand, Vodacom Campus.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion