Website Old Mutual South Africa
About the job
Who are we?
MiWay is a direct financial services company. We are passionate about service excellence, convenience and offering our clients superior value products. Our Vision is to be a world-class direct financial services business that offers a complete array of services under one convenient umbrella – all managed online. Category winners of the Mail & Guardian Top Companies Reputation Awards in 2014, as well as the Deloitte Best Company to Work For Survey 2011 and 2012 – were are passionate about our people. We are positive that with the right people on board, we will continue to grow and give our clients the freedom to do things their way – free from worry and most importantly at peace with all the “what-ifs” of the world. Company values that every employee subscribes to are: Energy, Freedom, Accountability and Attitude. The ideal candidate is one who has the courage to be bold and subscribes to MiWay’s core values! Do you have a positive attitude, love a challenge, treat your colleagues with respect and look for solutions, not problems? If yes, then MiWay is the place for you!
What will you do?
At MiWay, our purpose is to enable people to live their way. We understand that life is not just about “things” – but the meaning that those things bring to your life. We believe that technology and innovation have infinite possibilities when it’s inspired by humans… by you.
This is why we focus on our clients’ needs; finding new ways to simplify their lives and how they do things. We give them products, services and solutions that enable them to live and enjoy life on their own terms – in their own way.
Agile values and principles are strongly embedded in our culture and they are at the core of how we make decisions and how we approach adding value within the company.
Our development department is grouped into various teams who service various areas of our business. Our teams are self-organising and given autonomy to influence the technical direction of our applications and shape the success of our organisation. We promote a flat structure which means that we are all equally responsible for the role that our department fulfils and how we add value to the business. Even though some individuals are tasked to take on more or alternative responsibilities, we do not promote classic titles and traditional structures.
In line with an agile principle, we take our level of technical excellence seriously. We place a vast amount of emphasis on coding standards and quality, and strictly adhere to them. All our code and solutions are reviewed by the whole department to promote knowledge sharing, and our testing community is empowered to make the final decisions on whether acceptance criteria are met.
Even though we require team members to have adequate working experience and a healthy attitude towards growing skills and participating in our industry, teams are not built around individual superstars and we prefer individuals who are more team orientated.
Interested? Well, we’re looking to grow our team with a talented, passionate Software Quality Assurer, who will be responsible for planning and testing world-class solutions within our cross-functional team. The ideal candidate will contribute towards sustainable, intuitive, and functional solutions that meet business needs, while furthering our ever-growing technology-stack and applications.
Minimum Qualification Required
- Relevant IT degree or diploma will get preference
- ISTQB certification (Desirable)
- At least 3 years’ experience in Software Testing
- Knowledge of various testing techniques
- Knowledge of Cypress or similar tools
- Knowledge of Postman or similar tools
- Experience in mobile testing e.g., Android, iOS
- Experience in testing APIs
- Candidates with any of the following experience will receive preference:
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Advanced technical skills like
REST / JSON
SOAP / XML
- Networks & Infrastructure experience
- Performance Testing
Deliverables include, but will not be limited to
- Catch defects when the agile team is planning a requirement
- Perform weekly regression testing before deployment to production
- Perform regression testing when required from other teams
- Must understand all business areas (front and back-end) not just your teams’ area
- Assist in product version testing
- Continuously growing your technical skills (programming, SQL, API, networks)
- Pair with other testers, developers, and product owners
- Mobile and Web Testing
- Get clear acceptance criteria when a user story is being discussed
- Apply context driven testing with exploratory testing in an agile environment (Scum and Kanban)
- Using testing techniques to get testing coverage
- Understand programming / SQL fundamentals
- Front-end, back-end testing, integration testing
- Must be able to test any system
- Always document testing against acceptance criteria of user story
- Work closely with Scrum or Kanban team to get working software in production
- Participate in all agile ceremonies and limit work in progress
- Mobile and Web testing across multiple devices and browsers
Interpersonal savvy – Contributing independently
Decision quality – Contributing independently
Plans and aligns – Contributing independently
Optimises work processes – Contributing independently
Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
Customer focus – Contributing independently
Drives results – Contributing independently
Collaborates – Contributing independently
Being resilient – Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Deadline To Apply: 17 March 2023
Our commitment to transformation
At MiWay we believe in cultivating a positive and dynamic working environment that gives you freedom and opportunity to succeed. MiWay is committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This is what drives us to achieve a multicultural workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, reflective of the demographics of our society.