Website Old Mutual South Africa
About the job
Purpose of the job
The Treasurer is responsible for managing all group investments, day-to-day cash management, cash flow forecasting and all electronic banking systems. This role will support the Head of Treasury and Liquidity with the negotiation of all group borrowings and bank relationship management.
The Senior Specialist: Treasury will also support the Head of Treasury and Liquidity in managing the Group’s interest rate risk, foreign exchange exposure and hedging activities.
The Senior Specialist: Treasury will work with all relevant internal stakeholders to understand and plan for transactions with a material cash impact or requirement.
Skills and attributes
- Very good understanding of treasury, liquidity
- Experience in financial risk and banking management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Agile, flexible
- Problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- 8 years’ experience in Treasury, Financial Risk and Banking in a listed environment
- CA (SA), CFA or equivalent degree
Key Performance Areas
- Develop and monitor cashflow forecasting tool for short and medium term to understand cashflow pressures and ensure covenant compliance
- Develop and monitor sound liquidity models which will enable cash flow predictability;
- Coordinate the interaction with finance and finance business stakeholders to align on financial liquidity position;
- Monitor the implementation of working capital, finance risk and policies within the Group;
- Monitor and analyse business liquidity for TFG Group (Africa, Australia and UK);
- Manage the foreign exchange risk for the TFG Group;
- Monitor, review and implement robust controls related to treasury and cash processes, as applicable;
- Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions;
- Support the management of all aspects of in-house investment portfolios;
- Support the management of long-term and short-term investment strategies;
- Manage and report on TFG’s financing goals and risk tolerance;
- Support the Group on key investment decisions which have an impact on cost of capital;
- Drive improvement in the management of cash and borrowings across TFG;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards to mitigate financial statement and operational risk;
- Monitor bank service fees and address quality issues;
- Support the arrangement and on-going negotiation of all group borrowing and bank relationship management;
- Manage, develop and adapt the treasury functions and processes to take account of both the size and resources of the Group;
- Support the engagement with business to research potential impacts on TFG’s proposed financing;
- Support business and Enterprise Risk Management in the analysis and response to incidents impacting on Finance Risk.
- Oversee the talent management for direct and indirect reports in terms of recruitment, retention and development;
- Oversee the performance management and development of all shared service staff;
- Ensure adherence to shared service performance management requirements, ensuring continuous performance feedback to and development of direct and indirect reports;
- Ensure that all staff are motivated, developed, and appraised so that individual and collective performance meets the needs of the customers.
- Work collaboratively with the relevant Centres of Excellence and the Shared Service Centre to ensure cash is managed effectively and risk control procedures are in place;
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in management of cash flow and executing daily financial decisions.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.