Website Old Mutual South Africa
About the job
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
Work as part of an integrated (run & build) tribe in lower complexity environments to provide enterprise wide application support across multiple stakeholder groups by maintaining & optimizing enterprise-grade applications (tech products & services).
Devops & Support
- Apply critical thinking, design thinking and problem solving skills to solve technical problems on existing applications
- Implement all configuration, optimization (e.g. upgrades) & maintenance activity (e.g. regular maintenance patches) for enterprise wide applications
- Provide efficient and effective support of applications including continued development of the application and security, software patches, reliability, disaster recovery and ensure the application meets the business needs
- Schedule and oversee planned maintenance tasks, such as backups and performance tuning, for production IT services to prevent and to minimize issues
- Maintain correct and current application documentation and making it available to application users
- Oversee application implementation and configuration, patches, upgrades and maintenance, and ensure that application performance meets agreed SLAs and OLAs
- Ensure minimal business operations impact due to upgrades and maintenance activities
- Coordinate and execute unplanned maintenance tasks, such as disaster recovery procedures, for production IT services to prevent and to minimize issues
- Manage applications throughout their lifecycle and assist in the application-related aspects of designing, testing, operating and improving technology products & services services
- Coordinate & communicate across Tribes & Squads (all businesses) to successfully complete application upgrades
- Coordinate with infrastructure & architecture teams to ensure that the impact of system / platform migrations on applications is minimised
- Develop and maintain knowledge in application functionality, user workflow, and business processes
- Develop sufficient knowledge of application infrastructure (server, network, security) & broader organization architecture to assist with application upgrades and troubleshoot issues
- Compile and maintain inventory of applications and related details
- Manage and provide support aligned to all SLA’s
- Develop the skills required to operate and maintain the technical products & services (applications)
- Ensure that a backup system for applications and files associated with business operations is in place
- Advise on software installation and upgrades, troubleshoot problems and provide resolutions.
- Work with Information Security teams to define and implement access permissions for applications
- Develop and maintain expertise in application functionality, user workflow, and business processes.
- Receive and screen user programming requests for new applications or modifications, and determine appropriate priority and response.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users.
- Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and customers, external solution providers, and IT stakeholders for application support specific requirements
- Develop and / or assist with the development and / or execution of project plans for application upgrades
- Provide input to current and future application requirements to meet the organization’s needs
- Prepare assessments for proposed applications, projects, and define appropriate integration and access requirements
- Maintain awareness of application risks and opportunities for improvement
- Identify and recommend application improvement to enhance capability and performance, and minimize costs.
- Ensure that application users are aware of the application capabilities for enabling their effective use
- Assess vendor proposals for appropriateness and compliance with organization and industry standards.
- Participate in development of Requests for Proposals (RFP) and vendor evaluation and contract management for IT applications services.
- Supervise and maintain the organization’s repository of applications
- Help diagnose problems and resolve incidents / issues related to applications.
- Validate the known error database for application-related entries
- Work with Tech Centres of Enablement to define the operational activities related to the applications
Application Monitoring & Performance Management
- Monitor application modification requests and ensure best practices are being utilised
- Conduct diagnostic investigations of program errors, and implement or recommend solutions or methodologies for resolution.
- Maintain metrics of operational performance and evaluate trends
- Analyse business systems to determine effectiveness, identify inadequacies, inefficiencies and problems and recommend solutions
Governance, Risk & Control
- Enhance methods and procedures for collecting, analysing, and documenting application issues, and completing user change requests.
- Enhance IT processes for transitioning completed configurations from development to production.
- Plan and coordinate the processes for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations.
- Define and maintain application assessment, development, and support standards, and work with other IT and business stakeholders to establish configuration and use guidelines.
- Provide inputs to availability and capacity management process for effective planning.
Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised