Website North West University
- Community and scientific Engagement/ Social responsiveness
- Academic leadership, management and administration/university service
- Involvement in professional activity.
- Preparation and the conducting of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, workshops, seminars etc. Development of course material with appropriate advice from and support of CTL.
- Research and innovation
- Teaching and Learning
- Conducting own research which fits into the Faculty’s focus areas. Supervision of postgraduate students and where appropriate the leadership of research teams.
- The ability to work with large groups of people
- Preference will be given to candidates with expertise concerning teaching-learning and research in the field of Private Law and/or Commercial Law. However, candidates with expertise in any other legal field will be considered.
- Language skills in order to function optimally in the different multilingual environments of the NWU.
- Demonstration of language proficiency to function optimally in the various functionally multilingual environments of the NWU
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as email, Internet and the electronic retrieval of legal sources.
- Knowledge of modern platforms (e.g. whiteboard technology, eFundi, etc.) to enhance te ongoing changing of the learning and collaboration environment.
- Legal language skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal relations
- The ability to accommodate multiculturalism
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years experience admission as an attorney or an advocate or experience in legal practice is desirable for this specific position
- Applicants should show evidence of extensive independence and initiative in research. Publications in accredited journals
- An LLD in any field in law or a PhD/DPhil in Law OR an LL M plus 5 years’ experience in private practice OR 7 years’ experience in public prosecution (Senior Lecturer) is essential for this specific position
- 5 years experience in academia (Senior Lecturer) is essential for this specific position
- A LLB (Bachelor of Laws) qualification is essential for this specific position
- Proven record of effective post graduate supervision experience is essential for this specific position
- 5 years experience in academia (Associate Professor) is essential for this specific position
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mahikeng, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A