Website North West University
- Preparation of Study guides
- Actively involved in driving research activities at the University research farm and promoting the functionality of the department teaching and research laboratory facilities
- Build on existing and/or initiate strong relationship with communities (including farmers’ groups, science councils etc.) by providing advisory services or conducting research that project the image of the University.
- Publish the findings of research works in accredited and high impact journals
- Undertake research activities (including on the field) and supervising students research projects in the disciplines of Soil Science.
- Teaching of Soil Science modules
- Contribute towards the development of new curriculum and/or the review of the existing curriculum
- Involved in management aspects related to an academic programme and/or research group
- Tertiary teaching experience at undergraduate and post graduate level in soil science. Experience in Crop Science will be a recommendation.
- Supervision of undergraduate students.
- Demonstrate strong ability to attract research funding and supported by documentary evidence
- Experience in the application of precision agriculture in soil science will be recommended
- Research in soil sciences specifically in the agricultural environment and proven track records of published articles in accredited and high impact journals
- Strong ability to use SAS software and any other relevant statistical software packages.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Good inter-personal relationships.
- Good oral and written communication skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 1-5 years’ experience in Research in Soil Science and Postgraduate students’ supervision is desirable
- 1-5 years academic management is desirable
- 1-5 years Community Engagement experience is desirable
- 1-5 years’ experience in Teaching Soil Science is desirable
- PhD specialising in soil sciences is desirable (NQF 10)
- Memberships with the Soil Science Society of South Africa and International Professional organization is desirable
- MSC in Agriculture specialising in Soil Sciences is essential (NQF 9)
- Registration with the SACNASP (Soil Science) is essential
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mahikeng, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A