The incumbent will be responsible for the co-ordination of all secretarial and administration work in the ward. The Ward Administrator is also responsible for receiving all new patients, visitors, and doctors in the ward and to make them feel welcome. The incumbent is further responsible for assisting in maintaining stock levels in the ward and should work closely with the allocated stock controller.
- Place patient stickers in the Ward Admission Register.
- Accompany the patient to his/her room.
- Ensure suitable arrangements are made with the ward that patient is being transferred to or from.
- Admit the patient into the ward.
- Ensure all new admissions are on the patients name board with the time and date of theatre.
- Clinical workstation must be accurate-check that the patient is in the correct room and bed.
- Document bookings from the Bed Booking Clerks and allocate beds to new patients in the ward.
- Welcome the patient.
- Inform and confirm the relevant nursing staff about the transfer arrangement.
- Ensure the patient receives a ward information form.
- Ensure the transfer form has been completed by the relevant nurse and filed in the patients file.
- Knowledge of SAP and Kronos advantageous
- Must be computer literate
Qualification & Experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administration position.
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A