Clinical Coding accuracy is a crucial component of consistency of care and to measure best and safest care forpatients in Netcare.The incumbent will be responsible in collaboration with hospital case management teams, for liaisingbetween the patients, treating clinicians and managed care organisations in order to provide clinical codingthat is updated in accordance with the patient response to treatment in order to receive reimbursementfrom funders.The incumbent will assess clinical statements and convert this information into ICD 10 and CPT coding onthe patient account.The account will reflect the correct treatment path, clinical severity and patient condition throughaccuracy and completeness of coding.Successful candidates will be expected to enrol for a Netcare Advanced ICD 10 program in 2022.
- Work with billing departments to achieve clinical coding excellence on all patient files.
- Application of clinical and coding knowledge to effectively assign and sequence all ICD 10 and CPT codes for services rendered for each patient event.
- Read and analyse records from all available digital and other resources for accurate and appropriate coding that reflects the relevant medical history and care the patient received as well as the response to treatment.
- Engage with all allied service providers to clarify information to ensure complete ICD 10 and CPT coding on each case is achieved.
- Allocate clinical codes to patients’ current period of care using knowledge of the information contained within the International Classification of Diseases, revision 10, and CPT coding books.
- Conduct assessment of work to make sure that it is continuous improvement in ICD-10 and CPT coding and collection of quality health data
- Min of 3 years’ experience in Clinical Coding and or Case management in a hospital environment
- Intermediate computer proficiency.
- CPT coding and an understanding of coding standards
- ICD 10 coding and an understanding of coding standards.
- Multi-disciplinary clinical experience and knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s licence and ability to travel.
- Ability to work extended hours.
Qualification & Experience:
- Nursing qualification or equivalent at a minimum NQF level 4 within healthcare sciences.
- Completed the Netcare Skills Assessment as a certified intermediate ICD 10 Coder, with a score of >85%
- Verified Intermediate Coder Qualification.
- SANC registration or registration with a relevant professional body.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Western Cape , Cape Town, SA
Application Deadline: N/A