The Customer Care Consultant is responsible for answering phones, patient scheduling and registration, patient files and the casualty patient waiting area.
- Patient Admissions
- Handling of basic enquiries and taking messages for staff
- Telephone Etiquette
- Assist in transporting the patient to the nursing station if necessary
- Screening telephone calls or transferring them to other members of staff
- Handling of emergencies
- Assist patients to accurately complete appropriate forms and documents for the required information
- Attend to patients / customers / visitors both telephonically and in person in a professional manner
- Refer patients to nursing station immediately
- Capture and record patient medical and personal information on the system in timeously, focusing on patient and visitors’ needs
- Awareness of outside constituencies, emphasizing particularly the need to respond to the requirements of customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders and other interest groups, such as local communities affected by the organization.
- Fostering a performance culture by creating a framework of appropriate incentives and rewards to direct and motivate the achievement of desired performance behaviours and goals.
- The capacity to recognise development areas in others and support them to facilitate personal development through coaching.
- The ability to provide direction in terms of action towards certain future outcomes.
- Creating conditions of willingness and participation amongst teams by providing sufficient encouragement, information, resources and authority to make the necessary decisions to accomplish tasks.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience in hospital/clinic environment would be desirable
- Knowledge of Medical Schemes advantageous
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF 4 certificate
- Computer literacy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A