The Registered Nurse is responsible firstly to the unit manager and in his/her absence to the Registered Nurse delegated to take over these duties, ultimately the Registered Nurse is responsible to the Nursing Services Manager
- Forming therapeutic nurse/patient relationships
- Medical supplies will be kept at a manageable level
- The Registered Nurse is encouraged to make suggestions and offer contributions in regard to improving nursing care.
- Ward stock (medication) will be kept at a manageable level
- The therapeutic use of self
- Doing crisis intervention
- The Registered Nurse is expected to actively participate in the meeting.
- He/she is responsible for giving feedback to other members of the nursing team in regard to changes in a patient’s treatment, any new decisions that have been taken, or any management changes.
- The ordering of medication for patients shall be done according to policy
- The Registered Nurse is responsible for ensuring that the Policy and Procedure file is kept intact and well maintained.
- Capable of recognising the need for action, considering possible risks and taking responsibility for results.
- Capacity to instil an ethic of quality and consistency in self and others.
- Capacity to cooperate with others to work towards a common goal.
- Capable of making decisions timeously and taking responsibility for the consequences.
- The capacity to clearly present information, either written or verbal.
- The ability to evaluate and develop different levels of capacity within a team to achieve set objectives.
- The capacity to perform a technical function to required standards.
- Capacity to establish constructive and effective relationships.
Qualification & Experience:
- Understanding of the Nursing Act and SANC regulation
- Must have an understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion
- Must be a Qualified Psychiatric Nurse (Registered with SANC)
- Minimum of 2 years Psychiatric Experience (Essential)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A