The Night Manager will assume overall responsibility for the hospital ensuring a safe environment to all patients, staff and stakeholders. The incumbent will be responsible for all operational activities in the absence of other Managers. In accordance the incumbent will be accountable for coordinating capacity building, mentoring and training.
- Monitor results of the Staff Survey and assisting the Nursing Manager and Unit Managers to address problem areas and staff concerns.
- Co-ordinate and monitor all nursing activities in the hospital.
- Effective management of doctor and patient complaints and priority to improve customer care
- Ensuring that the nursing standards, quality assurance and risk management is maintained in the hospital.
- Enforce staff dress code within and on leaving the hospital
- Facilitate staff development both personal and professional
- Assisting the Nursing Manager and Unit Managers to develop and implement action plans to improve problem areas and to monitor progress at night.
- Facilitate patient referrals where required
- Build and maintain effective relationship with doctors, staff, patients and visitors
- Ensure smooth delivery of care by regular ward rounds and audits.
- Develop and continue quality circles in the departments.
- Monitor the management of all medication.
- Coaching and mentoring of staff
- Regular checks of emergency equipment.
- Build strategic interdepartmental relationships
- Experience in clinical leadership
- Sound financial knowledge and the ability to interpret financial data
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in a private hospital setting is advantageous
- An intermediate level of Computer proficiency
Qualification & Experience:
- A qualification in BLS/ALS is beneficial
- Registration with SANC as a Registered Nurse
- ICU Critical Care Qualification essential
- Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable health care legislations
- A relevant nursing qualification (Diploma in General Nursing/ B Cur Degree)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A