The Person Centred Care Officer will assist with improving the efficiency and quality of contact with patients and family by being involved in patient interactions and the resolution of complaints. This individual will ensure a high level of patient service including meeting patient needs, maintaining patient service levels and monitoring and reacting to patient feedback.
- Demonstrate an ability to sensitively and confidentially deal with problems and apply judgment in problem solving, conflict resolution and cultural awareness.
- Assist with the interpretation of data and utilise important feedback provided in the existing Netcare reports to improve the patient experience.
- Ensure that any complaints raised post the discharge of the patient are investigated and resolved effectively.
- Communicate with patients during their hospital stay to ensure that complaints are effectively dealt with prior to the patient leaving the Netcare facility.
- Capture complaints on the relevant Netcare system and ensure that these complaints are resolved within the relevant timeframes.
- Assist Management with the preparation of reports as required.
- Monitor and record compliance to improved outcomes.
- Conduct ward rounds to engage patients during their stay in order to provide feedback and identify any problems with regards to service delivery.
- Finalise complaints by ensuring that all information on the system is processed accurately and timeously and that the relevant documentation is completed.
- Track, analyse and report patient feedback and ensures the implementation of action items aimed at improving the quality of patient care.
- Empowering Creating conditions of willingness and participation amongst teams by providing sufficient, encouragement, information, resources and authority to make the necessary decisions to accomplish tasks.
- Fostering a performance culture by creating a framework of appropriate incentives and rewards to direct and motivate the achievement of desired performance behaviours and goals
- The ability to provide direction in terms of action towards certain future outcomes.
- Having the capacity to motivate and mobilise, impart strength, vitality and enthusiasm to teams to actualise the organisation’s vision of the future organisation’s vision and values.
- Ensuring the optimal alignment of employee behaviour with the
Qualification & Experience:
- At least two to three years’ experience working in a customer facing role within a healthcare or hospitality environment.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (NQF 5)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A