Nursing activities form part of a nursing regime that is planned and initiated by the Registered Nurse. The Enrolled Nurse will be responsible for the assessment, care and meeting of patient needs and will also be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of appropriate programmes of care to ensuring high quality patient care.
- Ensure all stock is charged appropriately.
- A Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards.
- Ensure that all documentation is maintained timeously and accurately, reflecting patient care.
- Ensure all stock is well controlled.
- Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment.
- Report potential/actual risks identified.
- Report equipment needing repair or replacement to sister-in-charge.
- Adhere to Netcare medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles.
- Assist with file compilation.
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act.
- The ability to develop using collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goals;
- The ability to maintain stable performance under pressure by handling stress in an acceptable way to personnel and the organisation;
- The ability to actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals;
- The ability to produce work of a high quality standard by accurately checking processes and tasks;
- The ability to work well under pressure ant to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions;
- The ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities in order to take appropriate action and / or to resolve problems;
- Must be prepared to be flexible in working hours / shift work.
Qualification & Experience:
- Appropriate qualifications for specialist areas.
- A grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification.
- Compliance with the SANC code for an Enrolled Nurse and all applicable health care legislation.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse or equivalent NQF 3 qualification.
- Relevant experience in the nursing discipline would be an advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A