Enrolled Nurse has advanced skills and knowledge in the specialised field of mental health and will have decision making responsibilities over the delivery of clinical care across Akeso Clinic George to ensure it reflect the organisation`s mission and vision.
- Giving pre and post care to the patient receiving ECT
- Administering and evaluating the effects of medication
- Forming therapeutic nurse/patient relationships
- Crisis intervention
- Giving health education to patient, families and the public when appropriate
- Provision of a therapeutic environment
- Counselling patients
- Psychiatric nursing care
- To be an advocate for the clinic
- Doing the psychiatric nursing evaluation and comprehensively completing the documentation
- To be a role model for peers and subordinates
- To be non-judgemental towards your colleagues
- Conduct discharge education
- To treat all clinic personnel with dignity and respect
- Computer literacy.
- Full understanding of the Nursing Act, No. 33 of 2005 and the Nursing Act, No. 50 of 1978 and the Regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have an understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion.
- Excellent organisational and supervisory skills.
- Full understanding of the Mental Health Care act, No. 17 of 2002 and the Regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Current registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nursing.
- At least two years’ experience in Psychiatric Nursing in a Psychiatric facilit
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: George, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A