The successful incumbent is responsible for daily communication with medical aids, nursing staff and medical practitioners regarding confirmation of medical aids and payments.
- Adhere to the confirmations standard operation procedure.
- Assist with the application of clinical knowledge in the risk management of patients in terms of length of stay, level of care and ICD and CPT coding.
- Maintain and sustain effective working relationships with all customers and colleaques.
- Handle information of a confidential nature.
- Assist with any adhoc duties assigned by the Billing Manager or any senior member of staff.
- Ensure all information obtained from the medical aid is captured on the system and conveyed/escalated appropriately.
- Assisting with data capturing.
- Manage associated administrative tasks.
- Ensure all patients have authorisation numbers.
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s policies and procedures.
- Computer literate.
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 4 Qualification
- Previous experience in a hospital environment.
- Knowledge of medical aid scale of benefits.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tlhabane, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A