The Nursing Manager will be responsible for the overall Nursing Management of the hospital. This includes the co-ordination of all functions and activities related to the provision, promotion and assurance of quality patient care, through the leadership of a multidisciplinary team in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
- Promote sound staff, patient and doctor relationships.
- Assist in growing the revenue of the hospital.
- Assign decision making authority / task responsibility to appropriate persons in order to maximise organisation end employee effectiveness.
- Implementation and management of clinical governance
- Management of the nursing budget as well as understanding the financial fundamentals of the healthcare business.
- Manage, advise and influence the delivery of cost effective quality nursing care in line with Clinical Governance strategy and evidence based practice.
- Evaluate the patient’s journey through patient experience and stakeholder input.
- Build strategic interdepartmental relationships to help achieve business goals.
- Drive business unit profitability by monitoring and managing expenses and implementing financial controls.
- Facilitate effective change and conflict management.
- Knowledge and experience in healthcare related quality management and improvement.
- Sound knowledge of activity reporting for various requirements.
- Proficient understanding of legislative and business climate pertaining to nursing.
- Proficiency in stakeholder relationship management.
- Ability to manage own energy, and intra-personal and inter-personal skills functioning.
- Research proficiency.
- Strong and persuasive negotiating skills.
- Sound financial knowledge and ability to implement financial and business management principles.
- Resilience within a complex, challenging environment.
- An intermediate level of Computer literacy.
Qualification & Experience:
- A relevant nursing qualification – Diploma in General Nursing (NQF level 6 or B Cur Degree (NQF level 7).
- A minimum of 3 years management experience within a private sector is beneficial.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse.
- A relevant business management qualification is preferable.
- Deputy Nursing Manager experience is preferable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A