To conduct investigations on Nedbank staff by following forensic and relevant methodologies to mitigate fraud and reputational risk and criminal liability and ensure regulatory requirements in Nedbank, including subsidiaries are met.
- Follow interviewing processes and relevant investigation methodologies, update processes and where relevant, escalate to chief risk officer and relevant stakeholders.
- Alert and liaise with relevant investigation units and/or product owners through formal interaction.
- Build, manage and maintain stakeholder relationships through face-to-face interaction and networking.
- Conduct root cause analysis of staff investigations and/or claims to identify gaps in processes to make recommendations.
- Conduct investigations against Nedbank staff, draft reports and recommend potential solutions, process changes and/or raise awareness of modus operandi to business.
- Analyse information and compile formal report containing recommended actions and solutions.
- Request assistance from, and consult with, internal and external sources to obtain expert opinion and evidence.
- Attend industry and professional forums, sharing best practice, creating synergies and collaborative professional relationships.
- Update case management system with findings and recommendations to ensure reporting to the relevant enterprise risk committee takes place.
- Present investigation findings in a formal report to relevant stakeholders for implementation of recommendations and actions required.
- Interact with and keep stakeholders updated on progress of ad hoc requests and/or investigations, as well as when case is closed.
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory, compliance and risk legislation
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Fraud investigation methodology
- Business writing skills
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Ethics and Fraud
- Relevant Nedbank product knowledge
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma: Criminal Justice and Forensic Auditing
- 7-10 years working experience as an Internal Fraud Investigator dealing with commercial crimes (fraud & corruption) gathering and leading evidence within the Banking/Financial/Legal Services.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A