About the job
To provide the Distribution Centre management and staff with a consistent and complete HR service, ensuring that competent and motivated staff are recruited, developed and retained in order to deliver on the strategic objectives of the Distribution Centre.
- To ensure the effective attraction, motivation and retention of staff through consistent and effective competency based recruitment and selection processes thereby meeting the current and future capabilities of the Distribution Centre
- To drive a performance management culture by monitoring and ensuring that performance management processes are effectively implemented by line management at all levels in the Distribution Centre
- To effectively implement the training and development plan in conjunction with the Learning and Delivery team, to narrow competency gaps and enable career development and growth within the Distribution Centre
- To play a supportive role to line management thereby ensuring that disciplinary processes and procedures, industrial relations and CCMA cases are adhered to and dealt with consistently and effectively in line with company policies and relevant legislation
- To manage the maintenance and delivery of efficient, timely and accurate HR transactions and reporting which will assist with quality decision making and mitigate risk to the business
- To manage the efficient, timeous and accurate administration and record keeping of all HR related information to ensure high levels of compliance.
- To maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including management, employees and the union with specific focus on the operational partnership ensuring delivery and implementation of the Logistics Operating Plan
- To be accountable for all reporting requirements weekly and monthly
- To ensure all the human resource and reporting related components of the service level agreement with temporary outsource service providers are tracked and met
- To ensure that all HR functions are planned and carried out in line with the annual Distribution Centre budget as agreed to with the General Manager
- To facilitate change and transformation through effective communication and implementation of the EE plan, WSP and transformation forums in line with legislative requirements
- Employment legislation and its relevant application to the retail industry
- Knowledge of Industrial Relations legislation and procedures
- Competency based recruitment and selection principles and procedures
- Generalist HR practices and trends
- HR and payroll administration processes
- Knowledge of training, development and talent management principles
- Knowledge of Employment legislation including OHSA, EEA, BCEA, SDA
Job Related Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels;
- Interviewing and assessing ability;
- Attention to detail and analytical ability;
- Conflict management and problem solving skills; Customer service orientation
- Essential: Generalist HR experience in a Retail environment
- Essential: Experience in IR, recruitment, payroll and HR administration
- Desirable: Experience of working in a geographically spread-out environment
- Desirable: Experience using SAP HCM
- Essential: 3-year tertiary qualification (BA, B Comm HR) , B Soc Sc, B. Ed, B. Bus Science)
- Desirable: Honours Degree
- Delivering results and meet customers expectations
- (Engagement and responsiveness to customers)
- Adapting and responding to change
- Working with people
- Following instructions and procedures
- Coping with pressure and setbacks
- Deciding and Initiating Action
We look for customer-obsessed people with a “can do” attitude, that are professional and passion about their Careers.
Clicks Groups employee value proposition focuses on people, passion and opportunities. We care about and contribute to the well-being of people, the environment and communities, while the group’s growth strategy provides our people with unlimited opportunities.
We endeavor to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible, however, if you don’t hear from us in 2 – 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Groups Employment Equity plan.
For more Career opportunities visit our Career Site https://careers.clicksgroup.co.za
For the optimum experience whilst searching for your next role on our Careers site, please use Google Chrome.