About the job
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
Overall job purpose
To provide specialist actuarial support that enables sound commercial advice through the application of probability and investment theory and related statistical tools and the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures to support sound management of business performance and financial risk.
Key accountabilities:Perform basic actuarial production processes under general supervision to support sound management of business performance and financial risk.
Processes may include:
- Analytics and financial reporting to ensure accurate financial reporting and support management decision making:
- Preparation and analysis of data as inputs to actuarial calculations such as reserving
- Production of management information
- Production of experience analyses as an input for basis setting / pricing exercises
- Production of actuarial exercises such as reserving, capital, and pricing
- Running models to ensure accurate financial reporting and support management decision making at an advanced level:
- For inputs to processes such as reserving, capital, pricing or business case modelling
- Development of and maintenance of spreadsheet models
- Management of stakeholders to enable alignment and efficient delivery of business objectives through coordinating activities, planning deliverables, and tracking and reporting progress
Education:Actuarial Degree with at least +-8 Actuarial exams.
At least 2 years’ experience in the Valuations and/or Capital Management will be an advantage.
EducationBachelor’s Degree: Actuarial Science
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised