About the job
The Senior Manager: Home Broadband Segment role is part of the Group Value propositions team within in the Group Consumer Business Division at MTN Group.
The Senior Manager: Home Broadband Segment will be responsible for bringing to life the entire broadband portfolio of products and services for a series of different consumer targets, that maximizes revenue, reduces churn, and drives long-term engagement (i.e.: tenure) with customers.
The role will require interface with amongst others Opco stakeholders, Group Management Service stakeholder and consumer divisional heads to ensure effective and efficient operations.
The Senior Manager Home Broadband, is accountable for the following:
– Leading and driving the acquisition for Home Broadband (MBB, FWA and FTTH) by partnering with the local operation teams to design, validate, enhance, and roll out the Home broadband value proposition.
– Driving sales growth and revenue enhancement; by partnering closely with the Digital (entertainment) and Devices teams on bundles as well as stand-alone portfolio.
– Providing guidance and recommendations to annual business plans and strategies as well quarterly integrated plans.
– Tracking and reporting of the portfolio.
– Portfolio future proofing (i.e Portfolio innovation pipeline development).
– Prepares detailed presentations for various audiences ranging from peers to executive level
In the role the SM will be required to collaborate with
Marketing and Comms teams, to develop governance for a consistent brand voice, style and tone.
CEX /UX teams to fully understand the customer needs and
§ develop a roadmap that enhances the customer experience and buyer journey,
§ identify and provide insights and recommendations to deliver on improved performance and inform on learnings and experiences for future campaigns.
CVM & S&D teams to plan and execute sales plans for the home broadband portfolio.
As well as deliver and be responsible for other project related initiatives as assigned by business management as needed.
– Management of Home Broadband cross-functional workstream
– Manage Home broadband roll out in the footprint
– Improve Home Broadband proposition guidelines
– Track and report performance to the top management
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
– Minimum 4-year Degree in Business /Economics/Engineering or equivalent
– Post graduate qualification.
– MBA/Masters (Economics, Engineering /Computer Science) advantageous
– 5 – 8 years in general Marketing experience.
– 4-7 years’ experience with one or more of the following categories: Telecommunications, internet/bundle services, cable or satellite internet/bundle services, Cable/Satellite TV or OTT video content services, with a focus in Product Marketing, Advertising and Marketing.
– Experience in a multinational cooperation and operation across the African continent will be an advantage.
– Be a blend of a marketing guru and a competitive overachiever
– Be experienced at creating marketing activities that elevate performance while ensuring consistency to the brand vision and the product value proposition
– Think creatively and thrive working outside the box, loves innovation
– Have worked in a startup environment developing frameworks to define, establish and scale
– Able to translate big picture vision into an actionable detail roadmap for growth
– Be comfortable with ambiguity and adapt at navigating unknown territory; is persistent through adversity
– Enjoy operating in a test and learn environment to get to a strong end state
– Have a sense of humor about themselves and generally a good disposition
– Value amazing relationship building skills, their superpower is influencing while collaborating
– Understand the Internet Service Provider (ISP) industry and environment
– Regional and international travel