About the job
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with
the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets,
preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
URBAN WASTE MANAGEMENT ● PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 114 096 TO R1 549 344 PER ANNUM
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Project Management or relevant degree with/without Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience within a project management environment in construction of civil engineering and building projects, at an appropriate level
- Computer literacy in MS Applications including MS Projects
- SAP Project Systems (PS) and SAP Project Portfolio Management (PPM) will be advantageous
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Candidate Engineer/Technologist (advantageous)
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Manage and coordinate the initiation and implementation of a number of projects and programmes primarily located within the City’s transversal management system
- Engage, facilitate and manage both internal and external customers, departments and other entities during the initial scoping phase of projects
- Implement appropriate communication strategies with fellow professionals as well as internal and external clients
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate meetings with Management, internal and external role-players and fellow professionals to give or receive information on projects, programmes, processes, policies and systems
- Develop change management strategies appropriate to each project that is assigned to the incumbents
- Facilitate project coordination and integration across all relevant Departments
- Draft reports and correspondence of a complex and involved nature to inform the relevant stakeholders
- Deliver projects and programmes within the achievement of an integrated approved set of technical, manpower, cost and schedule requirements.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 10 March 2023
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website atwww.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.