About the job
Closing Date2023/04/08 Reference NumberMMH221108-1 Job TitleShort Term Insurance: Franchise Development Manager Position TypePermanent Role FamilySales ClusterConsult by Momentum Remote OpportunityNone of the time Location – CountrySouth Africa Location – ProvinceWestern Cape Location – Town / CityCape Town Introduction
Consult is a registered Financial Service Provider (FSP), holding an FSB Category FSP I and II license. MC dispenses financial planning, product advice, product execution and investments management services to individuals and businesses in the high net worth, affluent, retail upper and small business enterprises (SME’s) market.
Consult is a Registered Financial Advice firm (RFA), allowing us to offer our clients product solutions of all the major life, health, saving, investments, short term, and employee benefits providers in South Africa. We have contracts with 122 product providers in total.
Consult is one of South Africa’s largest and most respected financial planning and advice specialists with a national footprint more than 300 financial advisers, including over 50 specialist short term advisers, spanning across South Africa. We subscribe to the principles of treating our customers fairly and in doing so, offer our clients industry leading solutions.
]The purpose of the Short Term Insurance: Franchise Development Manager role is to attract, acquire and grow Consult short-term insurance Franchises nationally whilst building, maintaining and expand relationships with channel stakeholders in order to increase new business opportunities, support the delivery of a client experience, ensuring sustainable growth for the franchises, through evaluating and navigating compliance practices and optimising operational activities and to enhance and promote financial wellness, by recruiting, developing and retention of a productive adviser/planner team.
- RE (Essential)
- KI (Essential)
- FAIS recognized qualification within 5 years of DOFA
- Degree in Business Management, Risk management, Marketing degree or Industry Related NQF 6
- Afrikaans (preferred)
- Certified Financial Planner (preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Short-Term Insurance Sector, Corporate Business Development/Corporate Client Service, or Marketing within a Financial Services environment
- Experience in short term insurance compliance / practice management (essential)
- Proven record of experience in working with Financial Advisors (preferred)
- Short-term Insurance Industry knowledge (essential)
- Strong Market and business development experience (preferred)
- Experience in franchise sales (preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Regular travel will be required.
- Attend regional meetings, annual conferences, and kick-off meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities
Areas Of Responsibility May Include But Not Limited To
Relationship Management: Engage with Franchises in a Client Centric Manner
- Act as a connection between Consult Head Office and Franchises: Build close relationships with franchises;
- Assist in Contributing to the Consult’s growth target.
- Manage and monitor activities of Financial Advisors
- Establish and maintain communication channel to financial advisers providing business and procedural updates
- Build and maintain partnerships with relevant stakeholders to understand business priorities and requirements.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Regular engagement with short-term insurance product providers with the intention of building sustainable partnerships between Consult and the providers.
Growth Enabler by delivering client and Franchise Value Proposition
- Support and guidance on Financial Planning & Advice best practice in the short-term insurance environment
- Provide technical support, short-term insurance marketing and specialist support in the field to promote and grow short-term insurance value propositions
- Franchise Practice Management: Implement tactics to develop and maximize the franchise practice management.
- Vesting a new Franchise
- Change management assistance with new software implementations, process standardization and optimization and insurer provider panel reviews.
Governance and Monitoring
- Ensures compliance training and regular audits in conjunction with advice and license specialist
- Ensures Risk management and Compliance processes are adhered to
- Investigate reported willful acts of non-compliance to organisation policy and practice and report on findings.
- Identify compliance or advice related risk to franchise and license and report on findings.
- Embed advice and record keeping elements as part of transactional process
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth in the short-term insurance sector
- Business development and unearthing of new sales and business opportunities
- Run projects and initiatives as and when required.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking: Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the organization; maintains awareness of developments in the organizational structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
- Deciding and initiating action: Takes responsibility for actions, projects, and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
- Relating and networking: Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humor appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
- Persuading and influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes own ideas and those of others; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage one’s impression on others.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectation: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical, and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
- Creating and innovating: Produces new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates innovative products or designs; produces a range of solutions to problems.
- Risk management: a Clear understanding of short-term insurance related compliance and advice risk and illustrate ability to manage these risks, tailored to the needs of the franchise.
- Business management and reporting: Implements processes that optimise general business practices, identify growth opportunities and resources to enable strategy and report on key performance metrics.