To conduct reviews of Nedbank’s regulatory implementation associated with money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions compliance to ensure all required controls, regulatory requirements and international regulatory standards across the Nedbank Group are adhered to.
- Identify and highlight associated risks on the required controls from the reviews conducted.
- Programmes) annual monitoring plans
- Prepare reports on the outcome of reviews, inclusive of recommendations and/or the corrective and/or remedial implementation, for submission to the relevant governance forums and structures for corrective action or assurance.
- Liaise with stakeholders to fully understand expectations and/or scope of regulatory implementation assurance to be provided.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to stakeholders on the outcome of reviews conducted on the implementation of the required controls, regulatory requirements, and international regulatory standards through formal engagements.
- Perform reviews in accordance to the Group Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Programmes (Group AML, CFT and Sanction
- Provide assurance to stakeholders on the required controls, regulatory requirements and international regulatory standards through oversight of policies, procedures, processes, practices, training and systems implemented (e.g. client on-boarding processes, client verification, sampling client documentation and/or information, record keeping, timeframe for record retrieval, reporting obligations, effectiveness of training and awareness, enhanced due diligence applied, escalation process followed, etc.)
- Engage with stakeholders to provide clarification and recommendations on the outcome of reviews conducted on the implementation of the required controls, regulatory requirements, and international regulatory standards.
- Compliance reporting
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Codes of Good Governance
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Change management
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Cluster specific operations
- Reputational risk management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Stakeholder management
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in risk management and/or compliance management
- BA Law and/or BComm
- Compliance Institute of South Africa (CISA)
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A