Website Mr Price Group
The purpose of the Assistant Store Manager is to support the store manager in managing the daily operations of a store to ensure that the overall objectives, store targets and customer service standards are met and exceeded
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the stockroom to meet housekeeping standards.
- Review and keep abreast of in-store product performance to provide feedback to support centre and enhance sales.
- Recruit, administer & manage performance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Authorize write offs, breakages, recalls and returns.
- Identify & drive training, coaching and development needs with a focus on talent management and succession planning.
- Identify and propose new opportunities to increase sales and brand awareness. This may include: in-store marketing, competitor shopping, partnering/participating in local events and driving new accounts/memberships per targets (if applicable).
- Monitor and manage stock levels through defined processes (stock counts, stock takes, stock loss action plans etc.) to mitigate risks (stock loss) and ensure adequate stock on hand.
- Ensure that stock is accurately received & unpacked to merchandise and replenish the sales floor.
- Conduct compliance checks through defined processes (e.g. admin checks, store audits, visual audits, COMO reports, POS reports, health & safety standards, weekly hanger counts, security etc.) to ensure and enforce overall compliance to policies and procedures.
- Analyse sales & profitability reports in store to collaborate with management on required operational action plans, increase sales performance and monitor store expenditure.
- Lead and drive the team within a store to achieve store KPIs and operational strategy in line with company values.
- Sales & service management.
- Computer literacy.
- Business understanding of retail trade, brand, customer & product.
- Budgeting skills.
- Communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Managerial experience (advantageous).
- NQF level 4 (Grade 12) or equivalent.
- 3 Years’ experience in retail.
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kempton Park, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A