Website Mr Price Group
The purpose of the Assistant Store Manager is to support the store manager in managing the daily operations of a store to ensure that the overall objectives, store targets and customer service standards are met and exceeded
- Ensure that stock is accurately received & unpacked to merchandise and replenish the sales floor.
- Ensure and maintain the implementation of customer experience processes (through the execution of business instruction letters, markdowns, repricing, promotions, customer experience plans, visual standards, customer feedback, general housekeeping etc.) to meet customer service standards.
- Monitor and manage stock levels through defined processes (stock counts, stock takes, stock loss action plans etc.) to mitigate risks (stock loss) and ensure adequate stock on hand.
- Identify & drive training, coaching and development needs with a focus on talent management and succession planning.
- Analyse sales & profitability reports in store to collaborate with management on required operational action plans, increase sales performance and monitor store expenditure.
- Recruit, administer & manage performance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Authorize write offs, breakages, recalls and returns.
- Lead and drive the team within a store to achieve store KPIs and operational strategy in line with company values.
- Identify and propose new opportunities to increase sales and brand awareness. This may include: in-store marketing, competitor shopping, partnering/participating in local events and driving new accounts/memberships per targets (if applicable).
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the stockroom to meet housekeeping standards.
- Computer literacy.
- Sales & service management.
- Business understanding of retail trade, brand, customer & product.
- Budgeting skills.
- Communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Managerial experience (advantageous).
- 3 Years’ experience in retail.
- NQF level 4 (Grade 12) or equivalent.
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: KwaDukuza, Kwazulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A