Website Mondi Group
About the job
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success.
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence.
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers.
- Oversee hiring personnel (DJs, waiters etc.)
- Coordinate all operations.
- Lead promotional activities for the event.
- Supervise all staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event.
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur.
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports
Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience as event manager
- Skilled in project management an advantage
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field an advantage
- SAMTREC qualification
- PSIRA Grade A Qualified
- SA Drivers Licence