About the job
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of Platinum Group Metals (PGMs): Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium, Ruthenium, Iridium and Osmium.
We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
We’re looking for a talented Supply Chain Coordinator who shares our values and our belief in a better future for mining.
Are you this candidate? Please see below requirements and express your interest by applying to this role.
The Supply Chain Coordinator is tasked with ensuring that every work package on the Mototolo Complex is stocked with the correct materials, tools and services in order to complete tasks safely, sustainably and timeously.
You will be responsible for:
- Liaising and running relationships with key internal role players such as Plant Schedulers, Supply Chain Expediters, Supply Chain Material Requirement Planners, Supply Chain Category Managers, a Logistic Specialist and a Coding Specialist
- Determining promised supply dates and providing validation and assurance that supply dates will meet the required dates for allocated tasks
- Collating materials and tools for each work package and task from an allocation perspective
- Arranging smooth delivery of materials, tools and services to the specified workplace prior to the scheduled commencement time for each task
- Checking and ensuring that the delivered materials, tools and services meet the required specifications for required tasks
- Tracking of all deliveries according to Task Package
- Expediting supplies when required to do so – close link to expediting team
- Changing suppliers when appropriate to ensure that materials are delivered before the required date – use relevant buying structures to get this accomplished
- Devising a daily Logistics Plan and communicate to HOP Supervisor to fulfil
This role is a Band 6 and reports to the IPOM Manager
You must have:
- A 3-year tertiary qualification in Logistics / Materials Management
- At least 3 years’ Supply Chain experience within the Mining / Processing industry
- Planning, scheduling, resourcing and execution or materials management experience
- SAP experience (essential)
- Shift Supervisor or Foreman experience (advantageous)
- Valid driver’s license
- Medically fit
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How We Are Committed To Your Safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing date: 15 March 2023