Website Wits Health Consortium
To coordinate evaluation of recruited participants in the different studies and assist other nurses in their daily work.
- Attend and resolve queries that are generated by data management staff.
- Ensure that all participants, parents/caregivers have signed informed consent forms
- Do proper filing of results and any other study related documents in the relevant assigned place
- Assess and recognize respiratory illnesses in participants
- Establish a working relationship with clinic nurses/staff
- Compile study progress reports on number of participants enrolled and activities performed.
- Follow-up participants who fail to attend their study visits
- To do study related duties as specified by the protocol
- Collect specimens from participants
- Communicate routinely as needed to the study coordinator and Principal investigator regarding clinical management of subjects.
- Conduct home visit if need be
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing would be advantageous
- Ability to lead and work independently as well as be part of a multidisciplinary team
- Computer literacy
- Empathy and understanding to patients
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in study requirements
- Ability to speak local languages
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 2 years research experience
- Qualified as a Professional Nurse
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Grade 12
- Valid Driver’s License
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council
Company: Wits Health Consortium
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Klerksdorp, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A